Future generations of Bhutan will live in an environmentally sustainable society.
RSPN’s mission is to inspire personal responsibility and active involvement of the people of Bhutan in the conservation of the Kingdom’s environment through education, research and sustainable livelihood opportunities.
RSPN’s core values are statements based on clear, concise, and shared beliefs of the organization that will contribute towards achieving its mission in the long run. Its core values are to:
- Provide leadership in conservation
- Promote innovative technologies and methods
- Be proactive towards environmental issues
- Be accountable and transparent
- Be efficient and effective in delivering programmes
The four overall goals of RSPN are:
To contribute significantly to environmental conservation in Bhutan through natural resources management and development of sustainable livelihood approaches.
- To increase the level of environmental awareness through education, advocacy and public participation in conservation.
- To enhance and increase the knowledge on the Bhutanese environment and sustainable livelihoods.
- Enhance RSPN ’s institutional, organizational and human resource capacity to support conservation, sustainable development, research and education.