Capacity building on REDD+ readiness for Forest Dependent communities (REDD+ Phase I).
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
- To raise awareness of forest dependent communities on REDD+ activities in Bhutan
- To build technical skills of forest dependent communities on REDD+ and engage them
in decision making related to REDD+.
MAJOR INTERVENTIONS/EXPECTED OUTPUTS
- The local people are aware of the REDD+ activities
- A community REDD+ focal group is formed
- Active participation in the decision-making process related to REDD+
- A REDD+ readiness project is developed in consultation with the local people
- Conducted awareness program on REDD+ to 1375 individuals in Zhemgang.
- Conducted training to 510 individuals on REDD+ readiness in Zhemgang.
- Capacity building workshop conducted to 63 key stakeholders.
- Formed 1 Local REDD+ Group and Terms of Reference in place.
- Organized one nation REDD+ dialogue with the representative from national REDD
office, relevant government offices, RSPN, donor agencies, District, Gewog and local
- Developed awareness material on REDD+ readiness in English and Dzongkhag
- Documentation of traditional knowledge on environment/resource management.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At RSPN, we believe a single grain of sand can tip the scale. You can be the grain that tips the scale towards improved environmental conditions and conservation efforts in Bhutan. RSPN has set a target to raise US $ 1.5 mission for next 10 years.