Royal Society for Protecton of Nature in Thimphu is pleased to announce the vacancy for an ICT Officer for an immediate recruitment.
Slot available: 1 (one)
Qualifications required: Masters Degree in Sustainable Development/Environmental Science/or Social Science
Terms of Duration: 10 month (Fixed term)
Reporting Line: Project Manager
Duty Station: RSPN Headquarters, Thimphu Bhutan
The Terms of Reference (ToR) for above post can be obtained from the Adm/HR Division on working days from 9:00 am to 5:00pm or refer below. Your applications must reach this office on or before August 19, 2016. All shortlisted candidates in both cases shall be informed and called for interview on a date decided by the management. For further details please contact the Adm/HR Division at 322056/326130.
Terms of Reference
Green Public Procurement in Bhutan(GPP) : A cross sect oral strategy for sustainable industrial competitiveness (GPP Bhutan) establishes a strategic approach to scale up public demand for environmentally and socially preferable goods, services and infrastructure. It provides a crosscutting industrial strategy to support Gross National Happiness and `The Middle Path’ which together form the core of Bhutan development priorities.
The project aims to implement GPP practices in Bhutan; enabling the procurement cycle to be used as a driver for green froth therefore it seeks to:
- To increase the positive environmental, social and economic multipliers of public consumption in Bhutan.
- To provide an incentive for sustainable production among suppliers, particularly SMEs; and
- To build demand-side and supply-side capacity to write and respond to GPP tenders.
- Assist project manager in efficient and high-quality delivery of all project work packages assigned to RSPN and deliverables by liaising with IISD Bhutan office in Thimphu, implementing partner organizations, relevant government and public agencies in Bhutan, and other experts;
- Conduct research and analysis on policies, plans and markets related to sustainable development and green public procurement in Bhutan, in particular;
- Data collection, analysis, write and compile the deliverables for work packages for which RSPN is the activity leader, in collaboration with IISD Bhutan office staff and other experts;
- Ensure the visibility of the project actions in Bhutan following the project visibility strategy, including visibility through the establishment and regular updating of the project-specific website and via diverse media channels: newspapers, television, radio, social media etc;
- Support the project Manager in accomplishing project-related tasks;
- Assist Project Manager to prepare and submit donor reports to the IISD Bhutan office both financial and narrative;
- Continuously use the online project management software (“Basecamp”) to effectively communicate/collaborate with IISD and implementing partners;
- Monitor project timelines- observe major milestones and delivery deadlines;
- Maintain close, productive and effective working relationships with project staff, associates, in Bhutan and in Geneva;
- Assist in project implementation, including administration, logistics, and communications with partners, among others;
- Complement and add strategic value to the project team in terms of subject matter expertise, in particular;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Minimum master’s degree in or across the following disciplines:
- Sustainable development or
- Environmental science or
- Social sciences
Submission deadline: 19th August 2016
Starting date: 2nd August 2016
Please submit a CV/Resume with a cover letter (one-page) to Administration/HR Division, RSPN