Researcher, Research Program, Royal Society for Protection of Nature.
18 months with possibility of extension depending on project requirement and competency.
Conduct climate change vulnerability assessment, coordinate and lead surveys, collect data, analyze and write reports.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Data Collection: Plan and lead all surveys, interviews, consultations and meetings for data collection and collation.
- Data analysis and report writing: Carry out data analysis (mostly qualitative) and report writing
- Conduct and coordinate meetings for consultations and information dissemination.
- Liaise with project partners and local leaders corrective action in the research process.
- Provide timely report to program officer to enable reporting to partners and funding agencies as required by the contract agreement.
- Prepare a final report on community-based climate change vulnerability and capacity assessment.
- Lead and manage all field related activities including providing guidance to enumerators.
A university degree in economics, environmental science, or other related natural or social research fields; preferably at post-graduate level.
Relevant Experience and Other Requirements:
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent oral communication in Dzongkha and Sharchopkha will be an added advantage
- Maintains collaborative relationships with partners
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues and partners
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Carries out team priorities in the absence of research coordinator
The position reports to:
Coordinator, Research Program.
Application Submission Deadline:
Latest by March 31, 2011