Royal Society for Protecton of Nature in Thimphu is pleased to announce the vacancy for an ICT Officer for an immediate recruitment.
Slot available: 1 (one)
Employment term: 3 years (renewable)
Qualifications: University Degree in ICT or related felds. Experience in graphic designing, web designing and maintenance
Division placement: Communications and Membership Division (CMD)
The Terms of Reference (ToR) for above post can be obtained from the Adm/HR Division on working days from 9:00 am to 5:00pm or refer below. Your applications must reach this office on or before August 19, 2016. All shortlisted candidates in both cases shall be informed and called for interview on a date decided by the management. For further details please contact the Adm/HR Division at 322056/326130.
Terms of Reference
Information and Communications officer
Position: ICT Officer
Contract Terms: 3 years extendable based on performance
Reporting Line: Coordinator, Communications and Memberhsip Division (CMD)
Duty Station: Thimphu, Bhutan
Primary Responsibility: To ensure smooth functioning of ICT system of the organization, website and adequate publicity of RSPN programs at national, regional and international level through regular publication of newsletter, annual report and posting activity updates on regular basis on RSPN’s website and various social media and publicity channels.
- Provide technical advice and support for procurement of IT related equipment of the organization
- Provide support and training on basic IT application to staff
- Maintain ICT infrastructures to provide uninterrupted internet services to RSPN in collaboration with service providers
- Update all necessary computer software on regular basis to increase efficiency
- Explore and install antivirus on all computers belonging to RSPN to protect organization’s digital assets
- Develop appropriate software to increase efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery and communications in consultation with PDD and other programs
- Create, update and maintain RSPN information repository
- Support JKERC in management of RSPN’s online resources
Communications and publicity
- Assist CMD Coordinator in strategic communication planning and implementation to increase RSPN’s visibility.
- Assist delivery of all publication, newsletter annual report to respective recipient including donors and supporters
- Spearhead designing of fund raising and publicity materials in consultation with Executive Director, PDD and Communications and Membership Coordinator
- Keep RSPN members up to date on the programs of RSPN through regular and various publicity materials
- Provide input to all major organizational documents to ensure they are well written and clearly communicating the messages.
- Design and develop layout of publications and edit website contents to ensure contents are in line with organizational visions and goals.
- Draft press releases, statements, news summaries and ensure print and electronic media coverage of the events in consultation with other relevant programs.
- Backstop RSPN programs in designing and layout of dissemination and outreach materials.
- Undertake other tasks as required and assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in ICT or related fields
- 3 years working experience in related fields
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with the media and web-based communication
- Excellent knowledge and experience in in graphic and web designing
- Excellent written and speaking skills in English and Dzongkha
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to establish excellent working relationship with colleagues.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work independently.
Demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, diplomacy and advocacy skills.