COMMUNITY BASED SUSTAINABLE TOURISM IN GANGTEY-PHOBJIKHA
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
Gangtey-Phobjikha valley as a model community-based sustainable tourism destination contributes to conservation of the natural environment, the protection of the crane habitat, conservation of culture, and at the same time contributes to socio-economic benefits for communities in the valley.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS
- Trained and established 21 homestay owners in Gangtey-Phojikha
- Trained 10 local guides
- Development of Nature Trial, Boardwalk, Campsite and resting/view sheds
- Developed Eco-tourism guide
- Launched 2nd edition of Explore Phobjikha travel guide book
- Developed Homestay Operator Manual for Phobjikha
- Established Biking facilities
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At RSPN, we believe a single grain of sand can tip the scale. You can be the grain that tips the scale towards improved environmental conditions and conservation efforts in Bhutan. RSPN has set a target to raise US$ 1.5 million for next 10 years.