[tabs title=”” type=”vertical”]
[tab title=”Goals and Objectives”]
Project Goal and Objectives
Demonstrate the potential of rich ecosystem as a basis for economic welfare of the community, thereby incentivizing communities to preserve their natural environment.
- Institute Community-based Sustainable Tourism (CBST) network among relevant stakeholder at national and local level
- Enhancing capacity of local communities in delivering tourism services.
- Promote CBST programs and products by using a variety of marketing mediums.
- Formalize CBST development and management mechanism.
[tab title=”Project Area”]
Bjee, Kartsho and Eusu Gewogs in Haa Dzongkhag
[tab title=”Issues to be Addressed”]
Issues to be addressed
- Limited benefits from tourism to local communities.
- Lack of awareness and capacity among local communities about CBST services.
- Lack of relevant tourism infrastructure in the community, e.g., Visitor/ Information Centre, homestays, etc.
- Limited marketing scheme and access focused on CBST.
[tab title=”Stakeholders and Partners”]
Stakeholders and Partners
The project is implemented in partnership with the Japan Environmental Education Forum (JEEF) with the financial support from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
[tab title=”Project Activities”]
- Develop institutional support
- Develop CBST products in Haa.
- Promotion & Marketing
- Establish CBST Management
- Upscale CBST development in other Dzongkhags