Developing Ecosystem-based Solutions for Managing Biodiversity Landscapes in Bhutan
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The objective of the project is to establish approaches and tools for protecting and managing the Critically Endangered White-bellied Heron (WBH) habitats along Punatsangchhu and Mangdechhu basins, central part of Bhutan.
It is funded by the Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), Germany through International Climate Initiative (IKI) with co-funding from MAVA Foundation, Switzerland and the Royal Society for Protection of Nature (RSPN).
The project is implemented in collaboration with the Royal Government of Bhutan and other stakeholders.
Start Date : July 1, 2021
End Date : June 30, 2026
Project Budget : EUR 4.11 Million
The Developing Ecosystem-based Solutions for Managing Biodiversity Landscapes in Bhutan project covers Punakha, Tsirang, Dagana, Wangdue Phodrang, Trongsa and Zhemgang districts.
- District Administrations: Dagana, Punakha, Trongsa, Tsirang, Wangdue Phodrang and Zhemgang
- Gross National Happiness Commission Secretariat
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forests
- Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs
- Tourism Council of Bhutan
- WWF Bhutan
Norbu Wangdi, PhD
Ms. Sangay Dema