To be the Leader in conservation ensuring future generations of Bhutan live in an Environmentally Sustainable Society.
To inspire personal responsibility and active involvement of people of Bhutan in the conservation of the Kingdom’s environment through, Education, Community Engagement and Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities.
RSPN’s core values are statements based on clear, concise, and shared beliefs of the organization that will contribute towards achieving its mission in the long run. Its core values are to:
- Promote innovative technologies and methods.
- Be proactive towards environmental issues.
- Be accountable and transparent.
- Be efficient and effective in delivering programs and services.
The four overall goals of RSPN are:
- To contribute significantly to environmental conservation in Bhutan through natural resources management and development of sustainable livelihood approaches.
- To increase the level of environmental awareness through education, advocacy and public participation in conservation.
- To enhance and increase the knowledge on the Bhutanese environment and sustainable livelihoods.
- Enhance RSPN ’s institutional, organizational and human resource capacity to support conservation, sustainable development, research and education.
RSPN CONSERVATION MANDALA
The circle represents RSPN’s conservation efforts. It is represented in the form of Mandala, a symbolic of Mother Earth in harmony with nature and unity. The outer circle are RSPN’s approaches to implement the various conservation programs under the thematic areas. The six thematic areas in the middle are initiated based on the National and International priorities and concerns, which are also aligned to support some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to reach at the overarching goal of “Environmentally Sustainable Society”.