Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) – Capacity Building on REDD+ forest Forest-Dependent Indigenous People in East Asia and the Pacific (EAP) and South Asia Region (SAR) Project (Bumthang, Sarpang, Tsirang, Wabgduephodrang and Zhemgang, Bhutan)
- To prepare the indigenous/local people of 5 districts to engage in REDD+ benefit sharing and carbon accounting programs through capacity building programs.
- Build local knowledge-based to inform REDD+ benefit sharing and carbon accounting programs in future.
- Sarpang Tsirang
PROJECT IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS
Major interventions/Expected outputs
- Train forestry officials from six districts on carbon accounting in community forest.
- Support carbon stock assessment in the community across 6 districts.
- Educate and advocate on REDD+ readiness across community forests, schools, and university.
- Trained forestry officials of 6 Districts on carbon accounting
- Sensitized 12 Community Forest Group members in 6 Districts on REDD+, non-carbon benefits and basic carbon stock accounting.
- Sensitized and created awareness on climate change, waste management and REDD+ concept to students of 13 Higher Secondary schools and 1 college.
- Collected results on carbon accounting in Community Forest 6 Districts.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At RSPN, we believe a single grain of sand can tip the scale. You can be the grain that tips the scale towards improved environmental conditions and conservation efforts in Bhutan. RSPN has set a target to raise US$ 1.5 million for next 10 years.