I. Position: Administrative and Human Resource Officer
II. Terms of duration: 3 years with extendable
III. Reporting line: Finance and Administrative Coordinator; Executive Director
IV. Duty station: Thimphu, Bhutan
V. Primary responsibility: To regularly implement the organization’s administrative policies and procedures in accordance with RSPN Administration and Human Resource Management Manual and other applicable norms, rules and regulations for legal compliance and operational efficiency.
I. Specific duties and responsibilities
Administration and management
- Overall responsibility for office management (including permits, services, support staff, etc.).
- Manage use and timely maintenance of RSPN office pool vehicles; ensure licenses, insurances and other requirements are up-to date.
- Oversee office management and maintenance
- Facilitate procurement of goods and services including day-to-day procurement and maintenance of office furniture, IT equipment, vehicles, telephone/communications and other equipment and supplies.
- Maintain inventory of office property including fixed assets, equipment, furniture, office supplies etc.
- Monitor the code of conduct, cleanliness and decorum of the office premises including working rooms, toilets, parking and areas surrounding office building.
- Maintain all personal records (personal files) pertaining to employees’ appointment, leave, training, studies, training bonds, certificates, evaluation reports etc. and update regularly.
- Manage organization’s payroll, including payment of taxes, managing staff bank loans (processed through the office) in accordance with applicable regulations and human resource policies and procedures.
- Prepare and update staff contracts.
- Facilitate recruitments of new staff (advertising, filing and short listing CVs, interviews, following up references, etc.).
- Take lead in standardizing and updating organization’s filing, referencing, and record tacking system in consultation with other units.
- Facilitate safe keeping of RSPN’s legal and confidential documents
- Provide all necessary office administration services including securing timely permits, visa, etc. for staff, guests, consultants as per prescribed procedures and law;
- Prepare, maintain and up-date standard employment contracts and insurance of staff, vehicles, equipment, and other relevant property;
- Ensure provision of telephone, legal and other office services as required
- Provide orientations to new staff
- Review staff employment conditions
· Verification of requests for cash advances, reimbursements, purchase orders.
· Over-sight of procurement processes.
· Manage all necessary organizational financial and legal audits
VI. Knowledge and experience
– Hold at least Bachelors degree preferably in business administration
– Minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field, familiar with Bhutan government law and policies related to staff employment conditions, tax, insurance,
– Has strong leadership and management capability
– Possess negotiation, conflict management skills
– knowledge of computer use (especially accounting packages)
1. Application for the vacant post
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. No Objection Certificate from the parent organization if employed.
4. Valid Security Clearance Certificate
5. Citizenship Identity card
6. Academic Transcripts, original transcripts to be produced during interview.
7. Medical certificate
8. Any other relevant documents