5 June, 2015 ANNOUNCEMENT Royal Society for Protection of Nature in Thimphu would like to invite applications for the following vacant posts.
||No of slots
||Minimum Qualification: B.Sc in Forestry/Resource Management/Environment/ Wildlife/Avifauna/Livestock.
||White White–bellied Heron (WBH) Project
||Minimum Qualification: Masters Degree in Sustainable Development/Environmental Science /or Social Science.
||Green Green Public Procurement- RSPN (GPP Project)
The Terms of Reference (ToR) for both the posts can be obtained from the Adm/HR Division on working days from 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM or refer below. For further details please contact Adm/HR Division at 322056/326130.
Your applications must reach this office on or before 30th of June 2015. Please note that only the shortlisted applicants shall be informed and called for the interview. The date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates later.
Terms of Reference for the post of Researcher
Green Public Procurement Project Bhutan
Position : Researcher
Terms of Duration: 2 Years (Fixed Term)
Reporting Line : Project Manager
Probation Period : 4 Months
Duty Station : RSPN headquarters, Thimphu Bhutan
Green Public Procurement in Bhutan (GPP): A cross sect oral strategy for sustainable industrial competitiveness (GPP Bhutan) establishes a strategic approach to scale up public demand for environmentally and socially preferable goods, services and infrastructure. It provides a crosscutting industrial strategy to support Gross National Happiness and ‘The Middle Path’, which together form the core of Bhutanese development priorities.
The project aims to implement GPP practices in Bhutan; enabling the procurement cycle to be used as a driver for green growth therefore it seeks to:
- To increase the positive environmental, social and economic multipliers of public consumption in Bhutan
- To provide an incentive for sustainable production among suppliers, particularly SMEs; and
- To build demand-side and supply-side capacity to write and respond to GPP tenders.
- Assist project manager in efficient and high-quality delivery of all project work packages assigned to RSPN and deliverables by liaising with IISD Bhutan office in Thimphu, implementing partner organizations, relevant government and public agencies in Bhutan, and other experts;
- Conduct research and analysis on policies, plans and markets related to sustainable development and green public procurement in Bhutan, in particular;
- Data collection, analysis, write and compile the deliverables for work packages for which RSPN is the activity leader, in collaboration with IISD Bhutan office staff and other experts;
- Ensure the visibility of the project actions in Bhutan following the project visibility strategy, including visibility through the establishment and regular updating of the project-specific website and via diverse media channels: newspapers, television, radio, social media etc.;
- Support the Project Manager in accomplishing project-related tasks;
- Assist Project Manager to prepare and submit donor reports to the IISD Bhutan office both financial and narrative;
- Continuously use the online project management software (“Basecamp”) to effectively communicate/collaborate with IISD and implementing partners;
- Monitor project timelines – observe major milestones and delivery deadlines;
- Maintain close, productive and effective working relationships with project staff, associates, in Bhutan and in Geneva;
- Assist in project implementation, including administration, logistics, and communication with partners, among others;
- Complement and add strategic value to the project team in terms of subject matter expertise, in particular;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Minimum master’s degree in or across the following disciplines:
- Sustainable development or
- Environmental science or
- Social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years high quality research experience in or across the following disciplines:
- Sustainable development or
- environmental science or
- Social sciences
Submission deadline: 30thth June 2015
Starting date: 1st July 2015
Please submit a CV/Résumé with a cover letter (one page) to Adm/HR Division.
Further information on GPP Bhutan Project can be found at www.gppbhutan.bt.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR WHITE-BELLIED HERON PROJECT OFFICER
I. POSITION DETAILS
- Position: Project Officer
- Contract period: 3 years with possibility for extension (based on performance)
- Probation period: 4 months
- Reporting line: Ecologist/Project Supervisor, Research Program
- Duty station: Thimphu, and Project sites as and when required
- Primary responsibility: To implement a project on WBH recovery plan
II. Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer shall work closely with the Project Supervisor and under the guidance and supervision of the Project Supervisor the Officer shall perform the following tasks:
- Assists the Project Supervisor in conducting research activities and collecting data related to the project.
- Manage and implement project activities under the guidance of the project supervisor and in close consultation with the project partners, stakeholders and other RSPN staff.
- Prepare and submit monthly field reports and project reports.
- Maintain strong coordination and collaboration with project partners and stakeholders.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare project work plan (in consultation with the supervisor) and conduct activities in line with the plan.
- Based on the overall project plan, prepare quarterly work plans for the project in consultation with the Project Supervisor (for regular program monitoring purpose).
- Ensure quality maintenance and timely implementation of the project activities.
- Ensure that project funds are utilized and accounted for in a manner that is most efficient and acceptable to the established financial regulations of the organization.
- Liaise, coordinate, network and maintain healthy rapport with stakeholders (including local communities) in the project areas.
- Mobilize and assist experts to implement research activities including mitigationactivities identified in the project.
- Organize awareness and sensitization workshops on WBH by engaging relevant experts and resource persons in consultation with the project supervisor.
- Organise capacity building programs for stakeholders by engaging experts and relevant resource persons.
- Execute the construction of WBH captive breeding centre.
- Organise and conduct workshops and meetings related to the project.
- Perform other duties as may be required
- Prepare timely field reports, progress and achievement reports as per donor requirement and submit to the Project Supervisor and Program and Development Division (PDD)
- Compile, collate submit all technical research reports including data along with project reports to the Project Supervisor and PDD for reporting to the donors. Digital copies of such documents, including project reports can also be uploaded directly in the RSPN Data Centre.
- Prepare and present quarterly reports for program monitoring purpose.
- Keep the Project Supervisor and project partners informed and updated on matters relating to the project activities and progress.
- Ensure regular monitoring of the project activities against project objectives and workplans for timely completion.
- Conduct field monitoring in project areas as and when required.
e. Key performance indicators:
- Number of targets and outcomes achieved.
- Timely Implementation of project activities according to the prescribed workplan
- Records of consolidated project reports and expenses accounted.
- Reports/minutes of trainings/stakeholder meetings conducted
- Project evaluation reports.